21 May 2010 – 222.6 pounds
I got on the scale this morning, and thought that I was just seeing things. 222.4! But I’d kind of stumbled onto it, so I figured I’d better try it again… 222.6! D’oh! More like “Dough!”.
So here I am. Blogging about my life, my weight, and how it affects me. Don’t expect too much in the way of emotions — BUT I might just surprise you one day with a flood!
I know what you’re thinking — who IS this chick? Well, I’m kind of a wack-a-doodle (who likes to make up words). I enjoy good food (whether or not it’s good for me) and yummy wines (Pinot Noir & Zinfandel are my faves [PS: not White Zinfandel — just Zinfandel]). So, now you know what to bring when I have a party: Good wine (nothing crappy, cause you might get it back some time).
I’m hyper organized, unless I’m being a complete slob. Go figure. I can’t guarantee how frequently I’ll update this thing. Hopefully once a day, but – then again, hopefully once a week. I’d like this to document my weight-loss. Hopefully you’ll find it funny, inspiring, and get some good tips out of it.
So, you’re probably wondering what the heck I’m doing to lose weight — that that would be a good question… Basically, up until right now, I’ve been “half-assing” it. Which means I think about losing weight, and I want to do it, but I don’t commit to it. So this is me. Committing. (No, not being Committed — just Committing to focusing on my body & my lifestyle).
- Track food & exercise in Calorie King.
- Goal: Get a Green check mark at least 5 times a week — overriding exercise calories to 0.
- Train for the Nautica Malibu Triathlon on September 12.
- Goal: Pool workouts – At least 4 per week
- Goal: Cycling – At least 1 ride per week, plus 1 spin class (or 2 rides outside, which would be preferable)
- Goal: Running – At least 4 miles 2 times per week
- Lift weights at least 2x per week – once with a training group & a trainer, once on my own.
- Goal: In 6 weeks, do 10 “real” pushups.
- Work with my therapist (how very LA of me) to figure out why it is that I self-sabbotage once I’m doing well, and stop it, dammit!
Had swim practice from noon to 1 PM today — it was “Fast Friday” which I think means that we just used our fins the whole time. It was great, but I need to remember that I’m not as slow as I think I am, and I need to push myself. Go up a lane (to be with faster people), and I might just get better at this. I have been wanting to kick myself for not being better about swimming earlier — I LOVE it! Hate running, so loving some sort of exercise is almost completely foreign to me!
Happy hour tonight at Ladyface Ale House — obs, beer is involved. Might need to figure out a way to have a glass or 2 of wine — tops. Friday night alcohol is one of my many weaknesses. And then, I get weaker, since I have lowered my inhibitions, and want to eat something yummy… Cross your fingers, kiddos!