Again, Bad blogger. Sorry. Really, I am. Ok, stop beating me up about it already! I’m typing, aren’t I?
Work has picked up a bit — so I actually have to do work at work. Hmmm, interesting quandary. That and the hubby and I are planning a trip to South Africa next Feb/March. We’re using frequent flier miles, so booking tickets soon is very important, and I want to be sure that after we use all 150,000 miles we’ve accumulated that we’re really happy — like ecstatic — with our itinerary. It’s been a problem to get on the same page, decide exactly what we want to do, and make sure that there is literally nothing else “better” out there.
Will post the final itinerary once we’ve agreed to it, booked it, and it’s all final. Until then, you’ll have to suffer along wondering if I’m getting the best deal or not.
I’ve been reluctant to blog lately. Mostly because I didn’t feel like I had much to celebrate & share. Then I realized that I don’t need anything to celebrate — part of the reason I’m blogging is to confess, get things out of my head, and move on. So here it is:
- I had McDonald’s a few times over the past 2 weeks. Monday night I had a McChicken Meal (small fries, small Sprite) PLUS a cheeseburger. It wasn’t even good. I kept eating. Mondays I have class, so I’m usually grabbing something on the way there — this time I waited until after class, so I ate all these horrible things in the car at 9:30 PM. It’s like a double whammy. And I didn’t work out on Monday. 😦 I did log it all, and I was CRAZY over target. No green check for me…
- I haven’t been swimming in over a week. It was TOM – and I just can’t get my butt out of bed in the morning. I easily let the hubby talk me into having lunch with him instead of going. But, I’m going today at noon. So there!
- Last night was the 7-year anniversary of the day I met my lovely hubby. And 3-year anniversary of the day he proposed. So we went out for dinner. Had a bottle of wine first, then dinner, which consisted of a cheese plate, halibut on mashed potatoes & bok choy, with another bottle of wine with dinner. Came home for dessert – mint chip ice cream with choco topping. Why do we even have this in the house?!? (Oh, yeah… because I was craving it last week [again, it was TOM]). Anyway, feel like crap this morning. Headache, dry mouth, slept poorly, and honestly — I’ve got gas. It’s not pretty. So, we’ll try not to do that again…
Plan for this weekend:
- Swim at noon
- Go home at 4 PM: take puppies to the dog park or go hiking, if hubby’s home
- Not sure what’s on for tonight — if nothing else, music and a picnic at Malibu Family Wines
- Swim at 7 AM
- Bike at 9:45 AM
- Massage (if the,chiropractor’s office calls back)
- Dry cleaning!
- BBQ with Dan & Amy (and friends) at 3 PM
- BBQ Fundraiser for Sarah at 5:30 PM
- LAUNDRY! We leave for vacation on Friday (2 July) and I need to do a bunch of loads before we leave
- Clean house
- Groceries — Only need a few things — maybe Trader Joe’s