Crap. Total crap.
Let’s count the ways how Friday has let me down:
1) I woke up with a splitting headache. I realized last night that I have an orthodontist appointment on Monday. For which I haven’t been wearing my retainer for the past 2 months. So I wore it to bed last night = sore teeth and a headache this morning.
2) I had a 7:30 AM meeting. Which meant that I couldn’t take my pups to the dog park, like I would have preferred to do (as I try to do every Friday morning)
3) My 7:30 AM meeting was crap. Big CF at work, and it’s going to take a long time to fix it, but I need a resolution like last week.
4) I had my RMR tested at 9 AM. Which meant that I couldn’t exercise or eat anything this morning. Except water — but I didn’t have any of that, either. And, my RMR went DOWN. Which means I’m supposed to be eating even FEWER calories to lose weight. To lose 1 pound, I’m allowed 1285 calories a day (assuming no exercise). If I want to lose 1.5 pounds, I’d be taking in less than 1200 calories (which isn’t allowed). Blech. I’m just sick of being FAT!!! How is it possible that someone who weighs 211 pounds is only allowed 1265 calories to ensure that she can lose 1 pound a week. Total crap. Here’s a link to my Body Gem report, if you’re interested:
*** Have you realized how much I want to say crap today? ***
5) Issues from the 7:30 meeting carried on all day long
6) My admin is out today. Her back-up was not at her desk. Her back-up refused to help me. When I finally carried the box that I needed shipped back to my desk, only to figure out that I don’t have the “privilege” of shipping anything via UPS (how stupid is that?!?), so I have to find an admin from another department to do it. And then my boss says that I should give it to the 2nd lady because the guy from the other department will screw it up. Seriously? It’s a UPS shipment. Just give me the friggin login code, and I WILL DO IT. Not that hard. Peeved that they took away my login.
But, it’s all looking up & up.
Reasons why my life is looking better by the second:
1) I’m venting in my blog and drinking water. I’m well within my calorie target, and will likely be able to have a glass of wine if all goes well with dinner
2) I’m going to the gym once I finish this – peace out to this work desk of mine
3) I have an appointment with a hypnotist this afternoon at 5 PM to help me stop biting my fingernails. I know — SO gross. I’m a perfectionist, and as stupid as it sounds, I find myself finding any imperfection and biting it off. Then of course it looks like CRAP. So I do it again. I’ve been doing it since FOREVER, and have tried everything. Except this. It better work.