I’m not ready for summer. I’m not ‘bathing suit ready’. I haven’t met my ‘Hit goal weight’ goal for myself, even though it’s been 9.5 months since I made that goal. At 8 pounds a month (2 pounds per week), I should have hit it a while ago. But, I didn’t. Honestly? I’m probably about the same weight I was when I made that goal. Never mind that I’ve been up & down and up & down all year. I’m on the way down now. And summer’s just started. So it’s time to get going.
Yes, I realize that I am not going to hit goal weight by mid-August. But, I can get closer to that point than I ever have, right? I owe at least that to myself.
I’ve got big plans for this summer, too. And they all involve getting in shape.
- July 30: Compete in a half Ironman distance AquaBike
- August 19: Goal comes due — I really need to be closer than I currently am
- September 18: Sprint distance Nautica Malibu Triathlon. Last year, I placed 6th in my group (Athena — women over 160 pounds or something like that). I want to get onto that podium this year — that means at least 3 minutes off my time from last year
So, what am I going to do to make sure that I meet those goals?
- Stick to the triathlon training plan that I’ve made for swimming, biking & running
- Between 2 and 4 days of weight / body sculpt training in the gym per week. Just today I increased it from 3 to 4 days (snap decision when buying more sessions with one of my trainers) per week. My classes at the gym will end in about 4 weeks — not sure if I’ll re-up with the gym or get more sessions with the trainer
- Start up the Triathlon Weight Loss Challenge
- I need to lose weight
- I need to raise money for the Childrens Hospital of Los Angeles, for the Nautica Malibu Triathlon
So here it is: June 1 weight was 210.6 pounds.