Happiest of Fridays to you, blog-o-sphere! Hope you’ve got BIG plans for this weekend… I know that I do. Well, not really, but it’s almost time to change that!
I’ve had a lot of new readers lately, once I switched formats. So, Hey there! Welcome! Stick around a bit. Pull up a chair (or an ottoman) and a
bottle glass of wine, and let’s get to know one another, shall we?
10 Things You Didn’t Know About Me
- We have over 200 bottles of wine. And I have a spreadsheet that tells me where they’re all located in the house. You need an Old Vine Zin? Easy: Rack number 3, Row number 5, Space number 2. (NOTE: The 12 bottles that we bought wine tasting last week? All sitting on the kitchen counter, waiting to be added to the spreadsheet.)
- I had a black & white cat growing up that we named Mittens. And then my brother re-named him 3 years later. His new name? Dwezil. Like Dwezil Zappa. I was not allowed to name my next cat Moon Unit (as in Moon Unit Zappa) – it was forbidden by my mom. I don’t blame her. I named the 2nd cat Stryper, after the Christian hair band.
- I wanted to drop out of college and become an interior designer. I didn’t. I got a BA in Foreign Affairs and a minor in Economics. Yet, I manage Clinical Trials for oncology & hematology products at a pharmaceutical company. Go figure. (I also have my MBA, but I just finished that in December 2010).
- I had potato chips & chocolate covered banana chips for breakfast. Don’t judge.
- The 2 front burners on my stove look like this:
Anyone have any ideas on how to clean the first one without scratching like the 2nd?
- I don’t know how to make this continue to auto-number, after I’ve added a space. D’oh!
- I made breakfast tacos for lunch. I’m pretty much a badass that way.
- I realized today that I’ve weighed more than 200 pounds for most of my adult life. And *surprise* I don’t like it.
- I lived in Yakutsk, Siberia for a month in high school on an exchange program. I got mono, and cried when they brought a Russian doctor to see me. On a related note, I got a facial today, and my esthetician is from Yakutsk, Siberia.
- It’s date night, y’all! We’re headed to Fins Tavern & Grill for dinner, then maybe a movie… Peace out!