I stayed up too late last night, watching documentaries on the Terrorist attacks. Which made for a very difficult Monday morning, with 7 AM meetings. And, it was a telepresence meeting… If you’ve never been in a telepresence meeting, just don’t schedule one for 7 AM on a Monday. Ever. It’s mean.
It’s a super fancy video conference, where it appears that the people in the other site are sitting opposite the table from you. Seriously. The technology is amazing. However, despite the amazing technology, no one thought to add a filter when it’s 7 AM Pacific time (my time) and 3 PM UK time. Our colleagues were all wide awake & refreshed, and the circles under my eyes just could NOT be covered this morning! I did wake up in time to get fully ready for work, which has been a challenge lately. Got a few compliments on my new hairstyle, and the Exec. Director remarked about how cute my dress was! It really does pay to get ready for work in the morning!
TinyLaLa Check-in Day!
Moving forward, I’m going to use Mondays as my check-in day… That’ll bring me some consistency and remind me that I can’t just go hog-wild over the weekend. (Not that I did this weekend – I think I did pretty well, even if I didn’t move my body much yesterday, I did 2 workouts on both Friday and Saturday, and made good choices food-wise).
Weight: 208 pounds
Plan for the week: It’s Triathlon Taper Time, kids!
- Monday: Pilates
- Tuesday: Weight training
- Wednesday: Swimming & 2 mile run
- Thursday: 15 mile cycle
- Friday: Weight training
- Saturday: REST – Parents arrive!
- Sunday: Nautica Malibu Triathlon – Sprint distance (.5 mile swim, 18 mile bike, 4 mile run)
- 1/4 cup Lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Sweet chili sauce
- 1/4 cup Natural-style crunchy peanut butter
- 1 tsp Sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1 pound Chicken breast, cut into cubes
- 1.5 cups diced pineapple
- 1/3 c chopped red onion
- 1 Tbsp Dried cilantro (or 2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro)
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1/8 tsp Ground red pepper
- Combine soy sauce, chili sauce, and peanut butter in a bowl & stir.
- Combine oil, curry, and chicken in a 2nd bowl; toss to coat. Skewer chicken onto 6″ skewers.
- Grill over medium heat, about 4 minutes each side.
- Combine pineapple, onion, cilantro, lemon juice & red pepper in a 3rd bowl & stir.
- Serve chicken with sauce and pineapple salsa.