Phew! This has been a week! Lots of fires to put out at work, one of my team members was on vacay, so I covered for her, and big meetings with VPs. If I weren’t home alone on a Friday night, I’d definitely be out having a drink!
Instead, I went to the gym for a workout with Joe, then went home to pick up the pups & headed off to the dog park, then came home and quickly made dinner… leftovers.
But not just any leftovers. The stir fry from the other night, with chicken in a small chop, mixed with some of the cauliflower from a different nice – also fine chop. Mixed with Super Yum sauce and Siracha, all loaded into leaf lettuce leaves! Kind of like P.F. Chang‘s lettuce wraps. But with Super Yum sauce!
Tomorrow is going to be amazing:
- Reyes Adobe Days 10K race in the morning
- Post-race brunch at some friends’ house
- Massage at 1 PM
- Shopping: Mascara at Bare Escentuals, exchanges at Home Goods & Crate & Barrel, and return at Williams Sonoma. Not to mention that: It’s fall, and BOOTS are out! Shoes, shoes, shoes! DSW, here I come!
- Chick flick(S) in the evening matched with homemade pizza & SodaStream Diet Root Beer.
The hubby is away this weekend at the Great American Beer Festival
in Denver. A boys’ weekend, you might say. If I’d been on top of things, I would have planned a Girls’ Nite In for tomorrow night. But, I was not on top of much of anything that didn’t revolve around work this week. SO, that means that my night will revolve around the chick flicks in the RedBox!
And, without further ado, let’s head into:
5 Things (you don’t know about me) Friday!
1. I’m a total sap. I am not physically able to go into a Hallmark store without crying. I am immediately drawn to the sappiest cards, and just lose it. I picked out a card (from my stash of cards!) for a friend who is having a baby this week, and started tearing up. I cry at commercials, too. Tied for the most-cry-inducing are the “So this is Christmas” ones from that children’s charity that wants to to adopt the kids and the “Arms of an Angel” ASPCA commercials. Beings that don’t have the ability to fight for themselves get me every time…
2. If I won BIG in the lottery, I’d do 2 things for myself: go back to school to get a PhD in Foreign Affairs and get a full-time hairdresser. I just can’t blow out my hair the same way they do it! Of course, I don’t play the lottery, so I really should learn to do my hair sometime soon.
Full disclosure: I work at a pharmaceutical company that sells a treatment for ITP.
4. I need to find a way to get my dogs to stop stealing my socks & underwear. Apparently they wanted to eat purple today, because that’s the color panties one of them finished off. Ewww.
What are you up to this weekend? What would you do with a ‘free’ weekend without your partner?