My current training plan was set up initially to get in shape for the Vineman AquaBike Half in Napa at the end of July 2011, as well as for the Nautica Malibu Triathlon sprint distance in mid-September 2011. Unfortunately, I’ve modified this quite substantially since I started — mostly nixing some workouts. As a result, I’ve gained a few pounds, and am recommitting:
- Mondays: Swim 12 noon; Pilates 6 PM
- Tuesdays: Run 5 PM; Weights 6:30 PM
- Wednesdays: Swim 12 noon
- Thursdays: Cycle 5 PM
- Friday: Swim 12 noon; Weights 4:30 PM
- Saturday: Cycle every week; Brick Ocean swim / Cycle every other week
- Sunday: Brick Swim / Run every week
And before you roll your eyes and close this browser, please hear me out:
- I swim with a Masters program, which I highly recommend to any one (you do not need to be an amazing swimmer to join!)
- I cycle with friends, which makes sitting on a bike for 2 to 3 hours bearable.
- I tend to run by myself, as I find running to be a very personal experience. I also cannot speak to you if you run next to me, and most likely I’ll just be holding you back, anyway…
- I weight train with a personal trainer. Joe is with a private gym that I found through a Groupon-like deal website, and whom I love working with. Weight training is what really gets me feeling like the Warrior Princess that I am.
You see, if I didn’t need to, I wouldn’t exercise. I don’t typically get that runner’s high that other people get. I’m usually thinking, “How soon can this torture be done?“.