Today has been a bit of a whirlwind… I feel like a crazy person running around with my head cut off (or, err, is that a chicken?). See crazy person, right here…
Early morning meetings, a big project sent in at the end of the day, swimming at noon, jogging after work, pup walks, dinner, AND we have to pick up the house, because tomorrow is the best day of the month! The cleaners are coming, the cleaners are coming! (Sung in the form of The Jerk‘s phone book, of course…) <– Big dork.
Anyway, the house needs a good tidying, and I need to finish up a bunch of laundry before they come. Nothing better than a house completely pulled together (and cleaned by someone else!).
But, let’s get down to business… It’s What I Ate Wednesday!
I started my day with a cup of iced coffee on my way to work.
Breakfast was a bowl of oatmeal with strawberries, pineapple, peanut butter, and granola. The strawbs were hidden under the oatmeal, so they got all nice and warm!
On my way to swimming, I had a Luna Protein Bar with some agua.
Lunch was leftover tilapia from last night, served with some tabouli, with a sprinkle of non-fat feta cheese.
Lunch dessert = watermelon! Love me some lunch dessert!
The pups were interested in saying “Hi!” today! Please disregard my hubby’s make-shift brewing area on the fire pit!
Afternoon snack was a chunk of Irish soda bread, Apple cinnamon flavor. Do you see Mason’s tongue there?!? He’s such a goof!
Dinner was another winner! I am on a roll this week, friends! Tonight I made:
Crab Cakes with Red Pepper-Basil Tartar Sauce
Adapted from Coastal Living – September 2010
- 8 oz Fresh lump crabmeat, drained & picked (I used some that I found in my fish section of the grocery)
- 1 Green onion, sliced
- 1/2 c Crushed saltine crackers (this is 10 crackers)
- 2 T Mayonnaise (I used vegan)
- 1/4 tsp Fresh ground pepper
- Dash Salt
- 1/2 c Whole wheat Panko breadcrumbs
- Sprinkles of Garlic Gold
- 2 Tbsp Canola oil
- 2 Tbsp Prepared tartar sauce
- 5 leaves of Basil
- 1 tsp Red pepper
- Stir together crabmeat, onion, crackers, mayo, pepper & salt.
- Shape into 4 patties. Place breadcrumbs & Garlic gold in shallow dish & dredge both sides of patties. Fry in hot oil (I did 2 patties at a time, using 1 Tbsp oil for each “batch”) 2 minutes each side or until golden.
- Drain on paper towels.
- To make fancy-schmancy tartar sauce, slice basil into prepared tartar sauce, and add enough red pepper to give it a kick. (Benefit of this is you don’t need to use a lot of it!)
All that, served with some Soda Stream Diet Cola and steamed green beans (microwaved!) on the side.
I’m being summonsed to help pick up… Cheers!